Cleveland Clinic London Facts & Figures
Cleveland Clinic London is the latest location in Cleveland Clinic’s expanding global footprint, London allows us to extend our model of care to more patients than ever.
- Cleveland Clinic is a multispecialty academic medical center that integrates clinical and hospital care with research and education.
- Cleveland Clinic London Hospital will be located at 33 Grosvenor Place, near Buckingham Palace, in central London. We will begin treating patients here in January 2022. It will be an eight-storey, 325,000-square-foot building.
- GP and consultant clinics will be located at Portland Place Outpatient Centre at 24 Portland Place, in the Harley Street Medical Area, and will open in September 2021. It will be a six-storey, 28,000-square-foot building.
Providing comprehensive medical and surgical services, with a special focus on Heart & Vascular, Digestive Disease, Neurosciences, and Orthopaedics, as well as the other following specialities:
- Acute Admissions Unit
- Critical Care
- Ear, Nose, & Throat
- Executive Health
- General Practice (Primary Care)
- Pain Management
- Sports Medicine
Care for Patients
- 184 inpatient beds
- 29 ICU beds
- 8 operating theatres
- 21 day case rooms for surgery
- 42 bed neurological suite with rehabilitation
- Others services include: full imaging suite equipped with MRI’s and CT’s, cardiac catheterisation laboratories, endoscopy suites, electrophysiology and interventional radiology suites
Care for Caregivers*
- 1250 caregivers
- 270 medical doctors
- 450 nurses
Research and education
- Collaborating with the NHS, other private health organisations and leading UK clinical research institutes, to share knowledge and continually improve the care we deliver.
- Working closely with our US hospitals and the Lerner Research Institute, which are at the forefront of advanced techniques and biological discovery.**
- Unique fellowship programe with University College London Queen Square to train the next generation of neurologists and neurosurgeons.
- Working alongside academic schools of nursing as faculty, providing professional development options and long term student placements.
- Equipped in delivering advanced information technology tools combined with the most advanced medical technology.
- First hospital in the U.K. to use the most advanced technology such as pharmacy barcoding/closed loop medication administration, and the unit-dose pharmacy robot that individually wraps and tracks medication by bar code to the patient’s bedside offering an additional level of safety in the delivery of medication.
- Using the most advanced and integrated EMR technology such as caregiver devices and patient apps to ensure patients are active participants in their care.
- Only private hospital in the U.K. to offer intraoperative imaging for brain and spinal cord disorders.
- Patients will have access to transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) a procedure that allows an aortic valve to be implanted using a long narrow tube, called a catheter.
*Expected number of caregivers at hospital opening in 2022. Caregivers are being recruited from Cleveland Clinic enterprise, locally and internationally.
**The Lerner Research Institute is on the largest research institutes in the U.S., consistently ranking in the top 10 in National Institutes for Health funding, a benchmark of research success.
For more information, visit clevelandcliniclondon.uk.