Click to download the full summary
Cleveland Clinic by the numbers
- Patient visits: In 2015, we had 6.6 million total visits; 164,707 admissions; and 208,807 surgical cases.
- Employees: We have 49,166 employee caregivers, of which 3,432 are physicians and scientists and 14,107 are nurses. With 27 institutes providing care in 140 subspecialties, patients come to us from all 50 states and 180 countries around the world.
- Locations: We are home to a 165-acre main campus (with 42 buildings), 9 regional hospitals and 18 full service family health centers throughout Northeast Ohio; and we have locations in Florida, Nevada, Toronto and Abu Dhabi.
- Research and education: We have 1,888 residents and fellows in training and 74 accredited training programs; our total grant and contract revenue is $165.8 million and our total federal revenue is $104 million.
- Cleveland Clinic serves the community by providing uncompensated health care to those in need, engaging in a broad range of medical, research, education and training programs, and supporting community health initiatives. In 2014, our community benefit contribution totaled $682 million.
- On average, our Critical Care Transport team makes more than 5,600 transports a year and has transported people from around the nation and from 27 countries.
- Cleveland Clinic has been a leader in developing an electronic medical record (EMR). MyChart is a secure, online health management tool that connects Cleveland Clinic patients to portions of their personalized health information.