Cleveland Clinic, Indian River Medical Center and Martin Health System officials celebrated the addition of Indian River Medical Center (IRMC) and Martin Health System as full members of the Cleveland Clinic health system, during events in Port St. Lucie, Fla., and Vero Beach, Fla., on Wednesday.
Hospital leaders from all three organizations came together today to meet with caregivers, and celebrate. In addition they shared the integration vision and welcomed all to the Cleveland Clinic family.
“These are well-respected hospitals that have a long history of taking great care of their communities. We are very proud they are now part of Cleveland Clinic’s health system,” said Tom Mihaljevic, M.D., CEO and President of Cleveland Clinic. “As healthcare continues to evolve, this integration will strengthen our ability to deliver on our mission and provide the best care to our patients together.”
Cleveland Clinic’s approach to integration with both organizations will be thoughtful and comprehensive and it will focus initially on learning more about each hospital, the needs of patients, caregivers and the communities. Integration teams are being formed which will focus on understanding the needs and establishing priorities. These teams will also share best practices, learn from one another and help to guide the integration together.
As part of the celebration events on Wednesday, new branding and hospitals names were unveiled. Moving forward they will be known as:
- Indian River Medical Center will be — Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital.
- The three hospitals collectively in the Martin Health System will be — Cleveland Clinic Martin Health
- Martin Medical Center (in Stuart, Fla) will be–Cleveland Clinic Martin North Hospital
- Martin Hospital South (in Stuart, Fla) will be—Cleveland Clinic Martin South Hospital
- Tradition Medical Center will be – Cleveland Clinic Tradition Hospital
There were multiple events held on Wednesday at both Cleveland Clinic Tradition Hospital and Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital for caregivers, which included a Q & A and the opportunity to meet one another.
- Tom Mihaljevic, M.D., CEO and President Cleveland Clinic
- Wael Barsoum, M.D., CEO and President, Cleveland Clinic Florida Region
- Kevin Fitzgerald, M.D., Associate Director of Inpatient Care, Cleveland Clinic Tradition Hospital
- Robert Lord, President, Cleveland Clinic Martin Health
- John Lowenberg, Past Chair, Martin Health Board
- Gregory Rosencrance, M.D., President, Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital
- Wayne Hockmeyer, Ph.D., Board Member, Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital
“We are honored to work with both Indian River and Martin Health,” Dr. Barsoum said. “Our goal is to provide exceptional care for residents in the Treasure Coast and southeast Florida region, and this is a defining moment for us all and the communities we serve.”
Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital and Cleveland Clinic Martin Health join as the first regional hospitals in the Cleveland Clinic Florida region. Patients will continue to see their same physicians and providers at their current locations and all operations and appointments for outpatient services will proceed as scheduled. All insurance plans accepted at the hospitals will continue to be accepted.
Click the links below to download photos, B-roll and broadcast-quality interviews.