Cleveland Clinic has been recognized as the No. 2 hospital in the world by Newsweek’s World’s Best Hospitals 2021 list, while Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital is ranked among the top 200 hospitals worldwide.
Newsweek also ranked seven Cleveland Clinic locations among the best hospitals in the United States:
- Cleveland Clinic – 2
- Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital – 41
- Cleveland Clinic Florida-Weston – 57
- Cleveland Clinic Akron General Hospital – 112
- Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest Hospital – 137
- Cleveland Clinic Lutheran Hospital -314
- Cleveland Clinic Avon Hospital – 321
Feb. 26 marked the beginning of Cleveland Clinic’s centennial year. Founded in 1921, Cleveland Clinic has grown into a 6,000-bed health system that includes a 173-acre main campus near downtown Cleveland, 19 hospitals, more than 220 outpatient facilities, and locations in Ohio, southeast Florida, Las Vegas, Toronto, Abu Dhabi and London.
Newsweek, and its partner Statista, analyzed hospitals based on three main categories:
- Hospital recommendations from medical experts: an international online survey that included more than 74,000 doctors, hospital managers and health care professionals
- Patient experience: surveys measuring patient satisfaction
- Medical key performance indicators: patient safety, hygiene measures, and quality of treatment
The World’s Best Hospitals 2021 recognizes the best medical institutions across 25 countries. This year there are 350 (334 General + 16 Specialized) hospitals awarded in the United States.
In addition to our locations being named on the World’s Best Hospitals list, Newsweek has also recently recognized Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital, Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest Hospital and Cleveland Clinic Mercy Hospital on its annual list of the best maternity hospitals in the U.S. This is the second time Fairview Hospital has been on the list and the first time for Hillcrest Hospital.