VeloSano 8 “Bike to Cure” will take place Sept. 10-12, 2021.
Latin for “swift cure”, VeloSano is a year-round fundraising initiative. Since the inaugural year in 2014, more than $24 million has been raised, with 100% of those funds supporting lifesaving cancer research at Cleveland Clinic.
Typically held in July, the 2021 “Bike to Cure” weekend has been scheduled for September to prepare for an in-person event, while maintaining the flexibility of the virtual participation options. The safety and well-being of all participants is top of mind – both on and off the road. Planning for all events will follow public health guidance from our federal, state and local partners.
This year, participants can choose one of five ways to get involved. Ride at the “Bike to cure” event on September 11, or ride/participate anytime, anywhere and in any way they choose. Options will include:
- 10-mile Tribe ride
- 25-mile ride
- 50-mile ride
- 100-mile ride
- Virtual fundraiser
Important changes to note:
- Rider packets will be mailed in advance with no in-person pick-up.
- The Friday night kickoff party on Sept. 10 will be a virtual event.
- In-person riders can choose between four one-day distance options to ride on Saturday, Sept. 11.
- Riders will be required to wear masks up to and while at their start line, at rest stops and at the finishing line.
- Masks will also be required if participants are receiving medical or mechanical support on the road.
Rider and virtual fundraiser registration opens Wednesday, March 10. Anyone registering for the 25-mile and up rides before March 31, 2021 will receive $25 off the registration fee.
For more information or to register as a rider or virtual fundraiser visit velosano.org.
Volunteer registration will open at a later date.