For the 28th consecutive year, Cleveland Clinic is America’s No. 1 hospital for cardiology and heart surgery in U.S. News & World Report’s 2022-23 Best Hospitals rankings, while earning a Top 5 overall ranking for the 24th year in a row.
Cleveland Clinic’s main campus hospital ranks No. 4 in the nation, placed nationally in 13 specialties – including nine in the Top 10 and six in the Top 5 – and is the No. 1-ranked hospital in Ohio.
“These rankings are a recognition of our caregivers’ compassion and expertise,” said Cleveland Clinic CEO and President Tom Mihaljevic, M.D. “While this has been a challenging time for all of healthcare, our commitment to delivering the best care possible has not changed. We continue to be dedicated to our goal to be the best place to receive care and best place to work in healthcare. Every day and with every patient, we strive to improve our high standards and outcomes.”
U.S. News evaluated more than 4,500 U.S. hospitals for the 2022-23 Best Hospitals rankings. Just 164 hospitals were ranked in at least one specialty.
Since 1995, no other hospital in America has outranked Cleveland Clinic in heart care.
“We are deeply grateful and honored to be recognized as the nation’s top hospital in the country for heart care by U.S. News & World Report, for now 28 years in a row,” said Lars Svensson, M.D., Ph.D., chairman of Cleveland Clinic’s Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute. “Although the past few years have presented challenges, we have remained committed to providing high-quality, compassionate care to our patients and to advancing cardiovascular medicine and surgery through our continued dedication to teamwork, leading edge research, and ground breaking innovations.”
See our inspiring heart patient stories, research and highlights.
In addition to main campus, the following Cleveland Clinic hospitals received national rankings:
- Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital – No. 45 (tie) in Neurology & Neurosurgery
- Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest Hospital – No. 34 in Cardiology & Heart Surgery, No. 39 in Gastroenterology and GI Surgery, and No. 45 (tie) Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Cleveland Clinic South Pointe Hospital – No. 49 in Geriatrics
- Cleveland Clinic Weston Hospital – No. 37 in Gastroenterology and GI Surgery
Cleveland Clinic hospitals are the No. 1 hospitals in the Cleveland, Miami, and Akron metro areas. Of US News’ Top 5 hospitals in Ohio, three are Cleveland Clinic hospitals – main campus (1), Hillcrest (4) and Fairview (5).
U.S. News’ state and regional rankings include:
- Cleveland Clinic – No. 1 in the Cleveland metro area; No. 1 in Ohio
- Cleveland Clinic Akron General – No. 1 in the Akron metro area; No. 7 in Ohio (tie)
- Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital – No. 4 in the Cleveland metro area; No. 5 in Ohio (tie)
- Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest Hospital – No. 3 in the Cleveland metro area; No. 4 in Ohio
- Cleveland Clinic Indian River Medical Center – No. 18 in Florida (tie)
- Cleveland Clinic Martin Health – No. 31 in Florida (tie)
- Cleveland Clinic Mercy Hospital – No. 19 in Ohio
- Cleveland Clinic South Pointe Hospital – No. 5 in the Cleveland metro area (tie); No. 12 in Ohio (tie)
- Cleveland Clinic Weston – No. 1 in the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale metro area; No. 5 in Florida
According to U.S. News, the annual Best Hospitals rankings are designed to help patients and providers “identify hospitals that are superior in the kind of care they may need.”
U.S. News evaluated each hospital’s performance using a variety of measures such as survival rates, complication rates, patient experience and level of nursing care. The Best Hospitals methodology factors in data from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, American Hospital Association, professional organizations and medical specialists.