LAS VEGAS: Keep Memory Alive will once again commemorate National Alzheimer’s Disease and Family Caregiver Awareness Month in November with “Month of Memories,” a community-focused fundraiser that gives Nevadans the opportunity to shop, dine and support local businesses.
The campaign shines a spotlight on the devastating disease affecting many of the Nevadans walking through the doors of Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health and their dedicated caregivers, while raising funds to provide no-cost educational, therapeutic and support programming.
Restaurants, bars and retailers will offer specialty cocktails, dishes and promotions throughout November with a portion of proceeds benefiting Keep Memory Alive. Retailers include:
- Atomic Liquors
- Bin 702
- Bonanno’s New York Pizza Kitchen
- Carson Kitchen
- Delmonico Steakhouse
- Emeril’s New Orleans Fish House
- Greek Chicken
- Jake’s on the Lake (Lake Tahoe)
- La Neta Cocina y Lounge
- Lagos Jewelry
- Lotus of Siam
- Marche Bacchus
- Mas Por Favor Taqueria y Tequila
- Miss Daisy Floral
- PT’s Taverns, PKWY Tavern
- Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Sierra Gold
- Stoney’s Rockin’ Country
- The Golden Tiki
- Trattoria Reggiano Italian Restaurant at Downtown Summerlin
- Wally’s Wine & Spirits
- Yellow Tail wine
According to the Alzheimer’s Association, the impact of Alzheimer’s disease on the Silver State is on the rise:
- An estimated 49,000 Nevadans age 65 or older are currently living with Alzheimer’s disease
- Nevada is home to the third-fastest aging population, with age being the greatest risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease
- Nevada is a “neurology desert,” meaning by 2025, it will have fewer than 10 neurologists per 10,000 people with dementia, putting it among the bottom 40% of states nationwide
Additionally, Keep Memory Alive will hold its Texas Hold ‘em Charity Poker Tournament on Friday, Nov. 4 at the Keep Memory Alive Event Center. Hosted by casino legend Jack Binion, beginners through advanced players are invited to compete for prizes, including $10,000 cash, and play among elite players such as Doyle “Texas Dolly” Brunson, Daniel “Kid Poker” Negreanu, Jack McClelland, Barry Shulman, Allyn Shulman and David Williams. Guests will enjoy a night of wine and spirits tastings from Southern Glazer’s Wine, Spirits & Beer of Nevada and Casa Dragones, cocktail demonstrations, a dine-around culinary experience by Clique Hospitality and musical stylings by Michael Shulman.
Check in is 5:30 p.m. with a skills tutorial at 6 p.m. and tournament play starting at 6:30 p.m. Seat buy-in is $575 or a party ticket is $150 and available at keepmemoryalive.org.