CLEVELAND, Ohio & LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), a leading health and well-being company, and Cleveland Clinic have announced the creation of two new $0 premium Medicare Advantage health plans. The Humana Cleveland Clinic Preferred Medicare Plans will offer patient-centered, affordable access to expert doctors, nurses and facilities for people with Medicare in Cuyahoga County.
The collaboration integrates Humana’s Medicare Advantage experience with Cleveland Clinic’s clinical expertise. Together, they combine to offer affordable health plan options to help people with Medicare achieve their best health through a more coordinated member experience. The plans will be offered during this year’s Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plan enrollment period – from October 15 to December 7 – with plan coverage to begin January 1, 2018.
The new offerings include a Medicare Advantage Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan for those with Medicare, and a Medicare Advantage Dual-Eligible Special Needs (D-SNP) plan for individuals covered by both Medicare and Medicaid. Both plans offer affordability and accessibility with:
- $0 monthly premium;
- $0 primary care physician office visit copay;
- $0 copay for a 30-day supply of Tier-1 prescription drugs;
- No referrals required to see in-network specialists.
Plan members will have access to Cleveland Clinic Health System’s more than 3,500 full-time salaried physicians and researchers, representing 140 medical specialties and subspecialties, as well as independent physicians who are part of the Cleveland Clinic Quality Alliance. The Cleveland Clinic Health System includes the Main Campus Hospital and Facilities near downtown Cleveland, 10 regional hospitals and more than 150 outpatient locations in northeastern Ohio – including 18 full-service Family Health Centers and three Health and Wellness Centers.
“We are pleased to work with Humana to offer two new options for Medicare patients in Cuyahoga County,” said Kevin Sears, Executive Director, Cleveland Clinic Market & Network Services. “We look forward to bringing an integrated, patient-centered experience for Medicare Advantage patients that will give them access to quality care to meet their health care needs.”
“We’re delighted to team up with Cleveland Clinic to provide these innovative health plan options specifically tailored for northeast Ohio,” said Larry Costello, President of Humana Senior Products in Ohio. “By offering broad access to Cleveland Clinic’s extensive resources, our goal is to enable a more seamless, coordinated patient experience and help Ohioans in Cuyahoga County improve their well-being and achieve their best health.”
Humana and Cleveland Clinic share a vision to improve specific health metrics in Cuyahoga County associated with quality care. The new Humana Cleveland Clinic Preferred Medicare Plans build upon an existing value-based care agreement between Humana and Cleveland Clinic designed to help people achieve their best health by emphasizing:
- More personal time with health professionals and personalized care that is tailored to each person’s unique health situation;
- Access to proactive health screenings and programs that are focused on preventing illness;
- Improved care for people living with chronic conditions with a focus on avoiding health complications (watch Humana’s “Better Chronic Management Through Value-Based Care” video);
- Leveraging technologies, such as data analytics, that connect physicians and help them work as a team to coordinate care around the patient; and
- Reimbursement to physicians linked to the health outcomes of their patients rather than the number of services they provide (fee-for-service).
The Humana Cleveland Clinic Preferred Medicare Plans will complement this value-based care approach in using existing tools, data, and access to care support, to help maximize physician time spent with patients.
For more information about the Humana Cleveland Clinic Preferred Medicare Plans, please visit www.Humana.com/ClevelandClinic.