Beginning Monday, May 4, our Ohio and Florida locations will begin resuming outpatient appointments, surgeries and procedures that were paused due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The health and safety of our patients and caregivers remains our top priority, and we want to assure patients that our facilities are safe for them to receive care. For nearly two months, we have taken steps to increase safety by limiting visitors and screening them for potential COVID-19 symptoms, providing essential PPE for caregivers, practicing physical distancing, expanding testing capabilities and continuing to clean our facilities extensively. We continue to restrict all visitors with some exceptions. For the latest visitor policy, please visit clevelandclinic.org/coronavirus.
As we begin to resume services, patients may notice a few changes in place to ensure a safe environment. Those changes include:
- When entering our facilities, patients and permitted visitors will be screened for potential COVID-19 symptoms including a temperature scan.
- Everyone will be asked to sanitize their hands and will be provided with a mask to wear the entire time they are in our facilities. They may choose to bring their own masks from home.
- There will also be reminders for social and physical distancing as well as less furniture in our lobby and waiting areas.
- All elevators, door handles and common areas will be cleaned regularly.
- All patients with scheduled surgeries or procedures that will take place in an ambulatory surgery center or operating room will be tested for COVID-19 before their surgery or procedure.
Virtual visits will continue to play an important role in how our patients access care.
As we continue to adapt to this evolving public health issue and begin to resume services, this is an opportunity to re-think how we deliver care in ways that are both safe and convenient for our patients.
We are eager to reconnect with many of our patients and continue our mission of caring for our community.